Form W-8BEN-E

Has your US client asked you to complete a W-8BEN-E?

How to apply for a TIN?
Foreign Entity - apply on form SS-4 - we can assist you with obtaining this number.

Individuals - apply on form W-7 -please refer to Individual Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN).

-Do you have US source income  from a US client and are a non-resident  foreign entity? If yes, your US client may request that you complete Form W-8BEN-E before being paid.


The form W-8BEN-E is a U.S. withholding certificate  which is held on file by the US payor to ensure they have withheld the correct amount of US tax on any payments made to a non resident entity. 

Most US payors will not issue payment, until this form is completed. In some instances, they may also require an EIN (Employer Identification Number).

Is there a tax treaty between your country and the USA?


Tax treaties allow the US payor to reduce the flat 30% tax withholding on non resident entities. If this is available, it needs to be included on the Form W-8BEN-E. However, where there is a physical presence in the USA, or sales people and potentially where a local distribution site is used, the treaty may not apply and the income is classed as effectively connected income (ECI).

A US tax return is required if the income was effectively connected to the conduct of U.S. trade or business (ECI) even if exempt by treaty.

More information
Live Outside the UK?
We can assist by email or phone. We charge a flat fee for completing the Form W-8BEN-E. 
Call or email us today.

We Visit You:


West & Central London
Heathrow | Greater London

We also serve the rest of the United Kingdom (UK) & International (subject to travel costs) including:

Call Just Breve:

T: 0208 1444 632

M: 07725 587696

Our Address: 

The Bower, Ground Floor, Four Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB11 1AF, UK  (by appointment)

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook - White Circle

We Accept

American Express
China Union Pay
Diners Club
V pay


Visa Electron

Apple Pay

Android Pay

We accept payment in:

GBP, USD and Euro

SKYPE Video calls:


If you are based at a distance or cannot visit us at the office, Skype video calls are available.

Per our license requirements, your ID documents will need to be mailed in before the call. These will be returned securely.

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy

We are United Kingdom Acceptance Agents. View us on »

© Just Breve™ (All Rights Reserved)