ITIN CAA - London
What is an ITIN CAA?
Just Breve are part of the ITIN Acceptance Agent Program. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA), we are authorised by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining ITINs from the IRS by validating the person’s foreign status and identity.
What is the role of the Certifying Acceptance Agent?
As a Certifying Acceptance Agent, Just Breve can certify and complete a Certificate of Accuracy (COA) to authenticate foreign identity documents for you so you do not need to send your identity documents to the IRS.
Our agreement with the IRS allows us to:
- Complete IRS Form W-7, Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- Provide a certified copy of acceptable ID documents - the IRS no longer accepts notarized copies of such documents. Originals are still accepted where applicable.
- Review the required supporting documentation as required for submission
- Issue a Certificate of Accuracy to the IRS that the ITIN number application is complete, accurate and that the documentation provided to us for review is authentic.
- Submit the application to the IRS ITIN Operations office for processing
- Receive the ITIN number from the IRS and provide a copy to the foreign individual
- Offer expediated ITIN number application services.
Benefits of using our services:
As a CAA we eliminate the need for you to submit ORIGINAL documents to the IRS to process your ITIN number application (which can take 7 to 10 weeks for non US based persons).
WE VISIT YOU - we are flexible to clients needs and know you are busy - we can visit you at home, your office or any mutually convenient location.
We can provide in person interviews or video link services* to observe the documents to be certified.
We can assist international clients not based in London.
We can assist other CPA, EA and lawyers to certify your client's identification.
* N.B. Video link services are no longer available for certifications due to changes to the ITIN process as of April 17th, 2017. All certifications now have to be face to face.