News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

Can you get a job in the U.S. with an ITIN number?

Can you get a job in the U.S. with an ITIN number?

In short, NO you cannot get a job in the U.S. with an ITIN number. An ITIN is only for tax administrative purposes.

It does not authorise you to work in the U.S. It also does not permit claims for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Per the W-7 Form - Getting an ITIN doesn’t change your immigration status or your right to work in the United States and doesn’t make you eligible for the earned income credit.

Per the W-7 Instructions - The ITIN is for federal tax purposes only. An ITIN doesn’t entitle you to social security benefits and doesn’t change your immigration status or your right to work in the United States. Also, individuals filing tax returns using an ITIN aren’t eligible for the earned income credit (EIC).

How does the IRS know I have an ITIN and not an SSN?

All ITIN numbers start with the number 9. They are issued to people who are NOT eligible for a Social Security number (SSN).

How do I know if I need an ITIN?

ITINs are for people who have a U.S. tax return filing requirement but are not eligible for an SSN or who have a tax administration reporting requirement (i.e. an exception to filing).

An ITIN is available to both resident and nonresident aliens (not tied to immigration status).

Please refer to our blog post "ITIN Number Application" for further information.

I think I need an ITIN: Please visit here

What sort of income is taxable?

Nonresident aliens are taxable on income from sources within the U.S., and also on certain income connected with a trade or business in the U.S.

A Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) can assist you in obtaining the correct TIN.

Just Breve are part of the ITIN Acceptance Agent Program. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA), we are authorised by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining ITINs from the IRS by validating the person’s foreign status and identity.

Contact Us:

Don't live in the U.K? No problem, we can assist by phone, email and Skype. Please feel free to get in touch.

#CAA #CertifiedAcceptanceAgent #ITIN #ITINNumber

We Visit You:


West & Central London
Heathrow | Greater London

We also serve the rest of the United Kingdom (UK) & International (subject to travel costs) including:

Call Just Breve:

T: 0208 1444 632

M: 07725 587696

Our Address: 

The Bower, Ground Floor, Four Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB11 1AF, UK  (by appointment)

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook - White Circle

We Accept

American Express
China Union Pay
Diners Club
V pay


Visa Electron

Apple Pay

Android Pay

We accept payment in:

GBP, USD and Euro

SKYPE Video calls:


If you are based at a distance or cannot visit us at the office, Skype video calls are available.

Per our license requirements, your ID documents will need to be mailed in before the call. These will be returned securely.

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy

We are United Kingdom Acceptance Agents. View us on »

© Just Breve™ (All Rights Reserved)