News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

How to Apply for an ITIN if You are Filing a US Tax Return

You will need an ITIN if you are filing a US tax return, the process is fairly straight forward. You need to complete a W-7 Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number form. This form along with the relevant supporting documentation needs to sent to the ITIN Office in Austin, Texas for processing, along with the signed US tax return.

Can I apply for an ITIN by myself?

Yes you can. You can complete the W-7 application and send your original passport and tax return to the ITIN Office. The ITIN Office will process the application and return your passport within 60 days.

They will then forward the US tax return to the relevant department for processing and post the ITIN number confirmation to you.

I don't want to send my passport, what do I do?

There are various options available to you. You can review our blog post Where can I get a UK passport certified for a W-7. This details the options available to you.

How can a Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) assist me in obtaining an ITIN?

A Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) has a license from the IRS to certify and submit W-7 applications on behalf of their clients.

CAAs use form W-7 (COA) Certificate of Accuracy for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to confirm they have reviewed and verified your documents.

The CAA needs to verify the documents by having them in their possession for the interview, whether that is in-person or if verifying via a video call. They do this in order to see the security features and authenticate the documents.

The CAA will then submit to the ITIN Office, the copy document verified along with the W-7 (COA) form and all supporting documents.

All ITINs that are accepted are received by the CAA within 9 to 11 weeks and will be forwarded to the client on receipt.

Contact Us:

Don't live in the U.K? No problem, we can assist by phone, email and Skype. Please feel free to get in touch.

#W7 #ITINNumber #CertifyUKPassport #CertifiedAcceptanceAgent #CAA

We Visit You:


West & Central London
Heathrow | Greater London

We also serve the rest of the United Kingdom (UK) & International (subject to travel costs) including:

Call Just Breve:

T: 0208 1444 632

M: 07725 587696

Our Address: 

The Bower, Ground Floor, Four Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB11 1AF, UK  (by appointment)

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook - White Circle

We Accept

American Express
China Union Pay
Diners Club
V pay


Visa Electron

Apple Pay

Android Pay

We accept payment in:

GBP, USD and Euro

SKYPE Video calls:


If you are based at a distance or cannot visit us at the office, Skype video calls are available.

Per our license requirements, your ID documents will need to be mailed in before the call. These will be returned securely.

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy

We are United Kingdom Acceptance Agents. View us on »

© Just Breve™ (All Rights Reserved)