top of page


Have you received a Letter 5821 from the IRS?


As Certified Acceptance Agents (CAA) we can assist you in renewing your ITIN. We VISIT YOU whether that is at home, your office or a mutually beneficial location - get in touch today to arrange an appointment or discussion.

- Who needs to renew an ITIN?


You need to renew an ITIN if you will file a U.S. tax return listing the ITIN with a middle digit of 78 or 79 (for yourself, your spouse, or any dependent).


Your ITIN will expire as of January 1, 2017. If you don't renew the ITIN and file a U.S. tax return with the ITIN, there may be a delay in processing your tax return.

How to Renew an ITIN?
Individuals - apply on form W-7 ITIN Application - we can assist you  with obtaining this number.
ITIN number London

- Who does not need to renew an ITIN?


You do not need to renew if:

  • you will not be using the ITIN with a middle digit 78 or 79 on a U.S. tax return*.

  • The ITINs are only used on information returns filed with the IRS by third parties. However, in the future, if you use the ITIN to file a U.S. tax return (including for a dependent), you will need to renew the ITIN at that time.

  • The owner of the ITIN with the middle digits of 78 or 79 became a U.S. citizen or legal resident alien and has a social security number (SSN). You don't need to renew your ITIN; however, you do need to provide the SSN and previous ITIN to the IRS (Tel: 855-723-2060 ext 244 or if outside the U.S. +1-267-941-1000)


* a U.S. tax return for yourself, your spouse or any dependent

N.B Renewal applications commence beginning October 1, 2016. 


More information
bottom of page