top of page


News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

ITIN Exceptions - Exception 3 - Third-Party Reporting of Mortgage Interest

ITIN Exceptions - Exception 3 - Third-Party Reporting of Mortgage Interest

Most ITIN applications require a U.S Federal Tax return attached as part of the W-7 ITIN application process. However there are limited ITIN exceptions where a U.S. Federal Tax return is not required.

If any of the 5 ITIN exceptions apply to you, then you will not need to attach a U.S. Federal Tax return.

Information reporting and/or withholding requirements apply to third parties (frequently banks and other financial institutions) who will request an ITIN to enable them to file information reports that are required by law.

Exception 3 - Third-Party Reporting of Mortgage Interest

3. Individuals with a home mortgage loan on real property located in the United States.

To support the claim that you are eligible to use this exception - Submit a copy of a contract of sale indicating mortgage used for purchase of a home

Note: For all exceptions listed above - Federal tax withholding and/or information reporting must take place within the current tax year.

Do I need an ITIN?

Please refer to our blog post "ITIN Number Application" for further information.

A Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) can assist you in obtaining the correct TIN.

Just Breve are part of the ITIN Acceptance Agent Program. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA), we are authorised by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining ITINs from the IRS by validating the person’s foreign status and identity.

I think I need an ITIN: Please visit here

Contact Us:

Don't live in the U.K? No problem, we can assist by phone, email and Skype. Please feel free to get in touch.

bottom of page