ITIN Instructions - Form W 7
Read our ITIN Instructions and tips below to ensure your IRS application is approved. We are United Kingdom Certified Acceptance Agents and can certify and accept a copy of your passport or other ID documents to submit to the IRS. This way, you can keep your passport with you, no risk of loss in the mail or long delay in processing.
Did you know that ITIN applications typically take around 60 days to process? If you work with a Certified Acceptance Agent near you, we can create a certified copy of your passport and check your application and documents before sending them to the IRS.
ITIN Instructions - Form W 7 - tips and hints:
1. Ensure all boxes are completed. Where a box is not relevant to use, insert the words "N/A".
2. Enter all countries in full do not abbreviate.
3. Enter all ID document information in full in box 6d. This box allows for one ID type only. If sending multiple IDs then enter them on a separate blank sheet listing box 6d and each item asked for (e.g. document number and expiry).
4. Ensure you select the correct reason for applying for an ITIN. If filing a US tax return select box b. If one of the other exceptions apply, ensure you enter the correct description - refer to ITIN Exceptions for more detail. As part of all ITIN applications, supporting documents need to be attached to prove a tax filing or tax reporting requirement (i.e. box b. filing a US tax return. Where you are using an exception to file you need to include the relevant documents with the application. If these supporting documents are not included, then the ITIN will reject.
5. If you are renewing your ITIN - ensure you enter the number and the name the ITIN was issued under in box 6f.
6. When you sign the W-7 ITIN application, ensure you use US date format MM/DD/YYYY.
7. Remember to check the box to select if you are applying for a new ITIN or are Renewing an existing ITIN.
8. Certified documents - the ITIN office will only accept documents certified by the issuing agency OR documents certified by a certified acceptance agent OR certifications from the US embassy OR the actual original passport sent with the ITIN application. Where these are not met the ITIN will reject.
How can we assist you?
Just Breve are Enrolled Agents and Certifying Acceptance Agents (CAA) - able to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining EINs and ITINs from the IRS by assisting in completing forms and validating the person’s foreign status and identity (as applicable).
We are based near London Heathrow and can assist individuals to obtain their EIN or ITIN number at their convenience. Are you flying in or out of Heathrow on business? We can meet you to verify all ITIN documentation near the Heathrow area or at a location that suits you. We have met clients at their homes, offices, local coffee shops and even service stations. Wherever it is convenient for them, we will try to accommodate the request.
We cover London and the surrounding areas, Heathrow and anywhere in the UK and Europe. Travel costs apply in certain cases outside of London. Email or call for assistance today.
Get in touch today:
m: 077255 87696
CERTIFIED ACCEPTANCE AGENTS
In lieu of sending original documentation, taxpayers may be eligible to use an IRS authorized Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA).