If you have tried and failed to obtain an ITIN from the IRS, Just Breve can assist with any ITIN rejections.
Helping ITIN applicants is what we do on a daily basis.
We regularly have clients who contact us out of frustration of trying and failing to obtain an ITIN from the IRS. A suspension or rejection occurs as a result of something going wrong with the form, the identity documents or the supporting paperwork. You would have received a CP567 notice advising the issues.
All ITIN applications require either a US tax return attached (primary reason for the application) or other supporting documents based on a limited number of exceptions to filing a tax return. If no supporting documents are attached the application rejects
A tax return can be either a 1040 (with a non resident spouse or dependents) or a 1040NR (non resident tax return). Only a federal tax return can be attached. State returns being filed only are not eligible for an ITIN.
Supporting documents include but are not limited to:
- LLC or LLP member operating agreements
- a letter from the bank advising you are receiving bank interest
- a letter from a US pension company requesting an ITIN before they can distribute funds
- a letter from the rental agent of a US property rental
- a letter from a US broker for dividends being received
- contracts of sale for a US property AND the FIRPTA tax paperwork
- reporting of mortgage interest by virtue of a mortgage contract
- limited exceptions for treaty based claims - e.g. royalty income
Identity documents also have to be either the original or certified by a certified acceptance agent. A notary is not accepted. If you are near a US embassy you may also be able to obtain just a certification there (but they will not check the accuracy of the paperwork submitted).
Eligibility - ITINs are issued to those who are not eligible for an SSN but have a tax filing or reporting requirement only
Need help with a rejected ITIN application?
Contact us today:
T: 0208 1444632
#JustBreve #RejectedITINapplication #helpwithITINapplication