top of page


News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

IRS Acceptance Agent Program - United Kingdom

acceptance agent program irs United Kingdom

Just Breve are part of the IRS Acceptance Agent Program. We are Certified Acceptance Agents based near London, United Kingdom. We cover all of London & Heathrow, the surrounding areas as well as all of the United Kingdom (subject to travel costs).

An Acceptance Agent is a person or an entity (business or organization) who, pursuant to a written agreement with the IRS, is authorized to assist individuals and other foreign persons who do not qualify for a Social Security Number but who still need a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to process a Form 1040 / 1040NR and other tax schedules. The Acceptance Agent facilitates the application process by reviewing the necessary documents and forwarding the completed forms to the IRS.

All Acceptance Agents are required to complete mandatory forensic training and sign a contract with the ITIN Office of the IRS.

Update: CAAs will now be allowed to authenticate the passport and birth certificate for dependents.

CAAs will continue to certify identification documents for the primary and secondary applicants. Form W-7 (COA), Certificate of Accuracy for IRS Individual Identification Taxpayer Number, must be attached to each Form W-7 application submitted as verification they have reviewed the original documentation or certified copies from the agency that issued them. CAAs will have to attach and send copies of all documentation reviewed with the Form W-7 COA to the IRS.

All Acceptance Agents are subject to compliance and quality reviews as part of their contract with the ITIN office.

Do I need an ITIN?

Please refer to our blog post "ITIN Number Application" for further information.

A Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) can assist you in obtaining the correct TIN.

Just Breve are part of the ITIN Acceptance Agent Program. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA), we are authorised by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining ITINs from the IRS by validating the person’s foreign status and identity.

Contact Us:

Don't live in the U.K? No problem, we can assist by phone, email and Skype. Please feel free to get in touch.

bottom of page