News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

How to Apply for an ITIN if You are Filing a Tax Return

Just Breve - How to Apply for an ITIN if You are Filing a Tax Return

Are you filing a US 1040 or 1040NR tax return for the first time? Just Breve can assist with the ITIN application process and to ensure you do not have to mail your ID documents to the IRS.

Just Breve is a Certifying Acceptance Agent based in London (near Heathrow). We regularly assist clients looking to apply for an ITIN from the UK or Europe.

What is the process?

- All ITIN applications require you to file the paper tax return (signed and dated) with the Form W-7 ITIN application. If the tax return is still being prepared, you will need to wait for this to happen, before we can assist with the ITIN

- Form W-7 has to be signed and dated by both the applicant and the certifying acceptance agent (CAA).

- As CAA, we will also sign a separate certificate of accuracy (Form W-7COA) which is attached to the ITIN application. This ensures that you do not send your passport (or other original ID documents) to the USA. Just Breve, as CAA, will review and sign off on this process.

- All CAAs have to see the original ID documents before we can sign off the Form W-7COA:

-> face to face meetings - the ID documents are returned to you after the face to face meeting.

-> video based certifications - you will need to mail the ID documents to us and will return them, post the video call.

How long before I receive my ITIN?

All ITINs take 7 to 11 weeks to be issued to non US individuals. However, due to Covid, this is now approximately 4 to 6 months.

I have a refund on my tax return, how soon will I receive this?

The ITIN is issued first and then the tax return is forwarded for processing. Based on the above Covid timelines, you will add (as a minimum) another 4 to 6 months to the processing times.

Contact us today for more information on how we can assist you:

T - 0208 1444632

E -

Read our blog - HERE






We Visit You:


West & Central London
Heathrow | Greater London

We also serve the rest of the United Kingdom (UK) & International (subject to travel costs) including:

Call Just Breve:

T: 0208 1444 632

M: 07725 587696

Our Address: 

The Bower, Ground Floor, Four Roundwood Avenue, Stockley Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB11 1AF, UK  (by appointment)

  • LinkedIn
  • Facebook - White Circle

We Accept

American Express
China Union Pay
Diners Club
V pay


Visa Electron

Apple Pay

Android Pay

We accept payment in:

GBP, USD and Euro

SKYPE Video calls:


If you are based at a distance or cannot visit us at the office, Skype video calls are available.

Per our license requirements, your ID documents will need to be mailed in before the call. These will be returned securely.

Privacy Policy

Cookie Policy

We are United Kingdom Acceptance Agents. View us on »

© Just Breve™ (All Rights Reserved)