top of page


News & Tips from an ITIN Acceptance Agent

Foreign partner of a US partnership requiring an ITIN

Just Breve - Foreign partner of a US partnership requiring an ITIN
Just Breve - Foreign partner of a US partnership requiring an ITIN

If you are a foreign partner of a US partnership requiring an ITIN and you are based outside the United States, you can apply for an ITIN via a certified acceptance agent for the IRS.

Just Breve is a certifying acceptance agent and has a contract with the IRS to assist with all types of ITIN applications including those of foreign partners of a US LLP or US LP or US LLC.

Why do I need an ITIN if I am based outside of the USA?

If you are a foreign partner of a US partnership (US entity) requiring an ITIN, that entity has tax filing and reporting obligations in relation to it's own US tax returns. Within this entity tax return, there is a section relating to all partners (including foreign partners). The entity will issue a Schedule K-1 to each partner in the business which is reported to the IRS by their US tax number (SSN or ITIN). Where a foreign partner in the US partnership does not have an ITIN, one will need to be applied for. This same Schedule K-1 s then used to file a personal US tax return (1040NR) for the partners share of income and expenses within the partnership.

How can Just Breve assist with my ITIN application?

Just Breve is based near London Heathrow and the M4/M25 motorway, with easy access by car and public transport. We assist clients both face to face (at the office or a location convenient to them) or via remote video call.

We cover the whole of the United Kingdom and Europe. Within London, we are based near the new Elizabeth line and can come out to see you across the London area including the city and Canary Wharf.

Just Breve is an ITIN specialist and expert in the field of ITIN applications.

We will:

- assist you as certifying acceptance agent (CAA) by preparing and submitting the completed Form W-7 ITIN application

- check and ensure all supporting paperwork is correct and complete.

- as CAA we will also certify your identity documents as part of the procedure so your original documents do not have to be mailed to the IRS.

- once issued we will receive notification of the number (as will you as the applicant).

- we can also call the IRS for a verbal update after a set period of time has elapsed.

Just Breve has a 100% success record of obtaining ITINs and a 5-star rating on Google, which we are very proud of. Additional testimonials are also available on the Just Breve website.

Need a certifying acceptance agent based in Ireland? No problem, Just Breve can also assist any Ireland based residents with their ITIN applications via remote video verification. You will be required to send in your identity paperwork and this will be returned to you by secure post.

Has your ITIN application been rejected by the IRS? Just Breve can also assist with any rejection notices and advise next steps to obtaining an ITIN or renewing an ITIN.

Just Breve will also confirm if you are actually eligible for an ITIN. A full process and timeline will be emailed to you to start, if you are eligible to apply.

Contact us today if you have questions or need more details:

T: 0208 1444632


bottom of page